New and Improved

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last night, over many glasses of wine, I thought of lots of things to say. Now I can't remember.

As I approach my 30th birthday, with my life nothing like I thought it would be, I feel a true change coming on. A change in the way I think about the world. I can't fall back on the idea that things will "better" when I get older. That my life will start "soon." Even though I've always known better than that, I think I'm just now putting it into practice. This is my life and if I don't like the way it's going, it's up to me to change it. I am an adult, not just pretending.

I'm doing my best to get out and meet people. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but it's a challenge. I am desperately seeking comfort. Comfort driving around- please, I'm tired of being lost; comfort with people that I know and that know me, comfort of an easy job. Obviously, some of these are normal and others make me wonder why I don't like to challenge myself.

This is all over the place and I realize I need to focus a bit. And I will. Soon.
Posted by Kristen @ 12:22 PM

Comments:

I couldn't relate more to this.
By Blogger Katie, at 10:18 AM
invisible